We would like to know how we can improve our service to you and how you perceive our surgery and staff.
To help us with this, we are setting up a virtual patient representation group so that you can have your say. We will ask the members of this representative group some questions from time to time, such as what you think about our opening times or the quality of the care or service you received. We will contact you via email and keep our surveys succinct so it shouldn’t take too much of your time.
We aim to gather around a hundred patients from as broad a spectrum as possible to get a truly representative sample. We need young people, workers, retirees, people with long term conditions and people from non-British ethnic groups.
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance.
PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP
MEETING THURSDAY 21/06/2018 12PM.
CHAIRPERSON……………NATASHA BROWN (OPERATIONS MANAGER)
MINUTES TAKER………..MELANIE LOCKWOOD ( MANAGER)
APPOLOGIES……………..J.L and M.I.L
WELCOME AND INTRODUCTION
- G.D.P.R ….
- We discussed info regarding confidentiality and data protection for patients. Information governance was explained. If more info was needed, we have every bit of information at reception.
- PHONE RECORDINGS….
- M.L informed the group that she was in the process of possibly having the phone system changed to recording all calls for training and monitoring purposes. This was positively accepted by the group and would be an advantage to the practice for the safety of patients and staff alike.
- THE NEW PREMISES….We can look into these services and depending if the demand is there we can definitely arrange with the relevant persons to action this. M.L to start research.
- We are now in a fit for purpose building. Patients have commented on how different it is to visit compared to the old premises. N.B asked if patients would benefit from any additional services at the new premises. The following were mentioned….audiology, pain management, contraception services, physio/msk, podiatry.
- N.B asked if patients knew about online access. R.Y offered her services to spend time in the waiting area for maybe an hour one morning per week to chat with patients regarding how to access etc. We think this is a good idea and that it may break down some barriers for patients who are non- english speakers. R.Y is happy to spend some time with patients while they are waiting to obtain feedback about our services. R.Y will bring these to the next meeting.
- NHS CHOICES WEBSITE….
- N.B asked that patients at the group promote this service and asked that they also go onto the site to fill in a friends and family questionairre. Once again R.Y will speak to patients in the waiting area to promote this service.
- CQC…( CARE QUALITY COMMISSION)
- This is a regulated body which is well led and managed. We are now fully registered as the new practice cook lane surgery. The group were informed that the PPG participants would be asked to attend a CQC visit. All were happy and agreed to attend. Pending inspection. Dates TBC
- NHS 70TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS 05/07/2018….
- N.B discussed that we should arrange some kind of tea party on that date to celebrate the event. W.W and R.Y are happy to come to surgery that morning and help with a coffee morning. Selling teas, coffees, cakes, buns etc. All charity proceeds will go to a charity listed on the NHS choices website. M.L to arrange with W.W and R.Y w/c 02/07 to get things going.
- R.Y did mention that patients in the waiting area were complaining about the waiting times to see the clinician once they had arrived for their appointment. This was discussed and M.L informed the group that sometimes it is out of our control as 1 patient may need 20 minutes to be seen, 1 may need 5 minutes and some may be the 10 minutes that is allocated. R.Y, S.A and W.W all agreed it would be beneficial if we used our message board to inform patients of the waiting times or for a receptionist to tell patients when they arrive that the clinician is running late. This way, the patient can decide whether to go and come back or wait or re book? M.L will address this with members of the team.
- CLOSE AND ARRANGE NEXT MEETING….
- N.B asked how frequent we should have these meetings. All the group agreed 2 per year, and if any urgent issues then we would arrange them adhoc as needed. M.L to arrange next meeting in 6 months ( Dec) all happy with this. N.B gained consent from all attendees to have their name posted to our website for the purpose of the minutes of our meeting. All agreed. J. L and M. I. L were not present to agree to this, hence only initials used.
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.